Here are the Paris Metro Stations on the Paris Metro Map.
You'll notice that the Paris Metro map has a grid : "A to H" horizontally and "1 to 8" vertically.
Below the Paris Metro Map you'll find the 343 Paris Metro stations listed with their grid coordinates.
This will help you plan your trip and learn how the Paris Metro works.
Each Paris Metro line has a :
- Name simply designated by its two terminal stations (Pont de Levallois - Gallieni) See map below in the squares : "B2" and "H4"
- A color (for Pont de Levallois - Gallieni it is a sort of khaki)
- A number (3) which is presented in a circle with the color of the line
The Direction you should take when you get on a metro is designated by the terminal station.
- So, if you get on at Malhesherbes (C3) and want to travel to Wagram (C3) you would take Direction "Pont de Levallois".
- If you wanted to go to Europe (C3) you'd take Direction "Gallieni".
- If you wanted to go to Monceau (C3) on the blue line 2, you'd go to Villiers then change to line 2 Direction "Porte Dauphine"...the terminal station.
The frequency is about every 3 minutes. Depending on the line and the time of day. During rush hours they can run 1 per minute. So, you don't need to run... there's always a Metro. They operate from about 5h00 to midnight.
Here are the prices for Metro tickets... better to buy a pack if you've got a certain amount of travelling to do. You can always use them the next time you come to Paris!
- 1 Metro/RER (within Paris) ticket costs 1.70€ (as of November 2013)
- The price of a pack of 10 Metro/RER tickets is 13.30€ (a savings of about 27% over buying single tickets)
Now you're ready to explore Paris. Frankly the metro is the quickest way to get around... even if it is underground and you don't get to "see" Paris
P.S. Remember you can get a special Paris Metro Pass called Paris Visite This is perfect for visiting Paris and its regions and gives you access to the buses and Metro.
For transport options to Charles de Gaulle or Orly Airport and which Metro stations they visit click here : Airport Shuttle
From Gare du Nord to other mainline Train Stations. Click on EACH STATION name on the image below for Station DETAILS:
Book your France Train Tickets NOW, click on your country/area link >>> USA · UK · AR · AU · BE-fr · BE-nl · BR · CA · Caribbean · CH-de CH-fr · DE · ES · FRANCE · HK · IL · IN · IT · JP · MX · NL · NZ · RSA · SG · Español · Português · 中国 · 香港 · 日本 · 한국 ·新加坡 · Rest of the World