The train station Gare du Musee d’Orsay Read more [...]
The train station Paris-Montparnasse, also called the Gare Montparnasse, is one of the seven major Parisian terminus railway stations. It is located at Montparnasse, on the left bank (rive gauche) of the Seine, straddling the 14th and 15th arrondissements (districts), in the areas known as Plaisance and Necker.
It is in zone: 1 (tariffication Ile-de-France) with coordinates 48° 50′ 28″ North, 2° 19′ 14″ East with an altitude of 63 m.
It is on the train lines Paris-Montparnasse <=> Brest with 28 (plus sidings) tracks and 15 (13 central plus 2 side) platforms serving 53 890 474 passengers (2015) per year.
Ticket Counters and Distributors:
Ticket counters available Mondays to Fridays: 05h30 to 22h00
Saturdays: 06h15 to 21h00
Sundays and Holidays: 06h to 22h00
Buy Tickets and Reservations:
- Automatic train ticket distributors for the Transilien Paris suburban train network
- Automatic train ticket distributors for the mainline train network
- Real-time departure and arrival schedules display boards
Buy all your Tickets online. CLICK on the link for your home country to see information in your language and check Real Time Schedules, Prices and Travel Times and make A SECURE PURCHASE.
France and European City to City Train Tickets:
Train travel to and from the gare de Troyes train station offers you downtown to downtown comfortable and efficient rail service. No hassle with early arrivals, delays and luggage security checks. You can take unlimited weight and reasonably bulky items on board. European rail is the way to travel and really see the French countryside.
USA - UK - Argentina - Australia - Belgium-Fr - Belgium-Nl - Brazil - Canada - France - France Promotions - France Groups 10-30 people - GCC Countries - Germany - Hong Kong - India - Israel - Italy - Japan-Jp - Mexico, Central America, Caribbean - Netherlands - New Zealand - Singapore - South Africa - Spain - Switzerland-Fr - Switzerland-De - Rest of the world (English) - Rest of the world (Español) - 中国 - 香港 - 日本 - 한국 - 新加坡
If you are a couple or more people and travelling by train on 3 different days or more (from Gare de Troyes train station or any other French or European train station) in one or a few European countries then buying a European Rail Pass could be to your budgetary advantage compared to ‘point-to-point' tickets. Click below to see Rail Pass options. For European citizens use the point-to-point links above, the Rail Pass access is on the same page:
USA - Argentina - Australia - Brazil - Canada - GCC Countries - Hong Kong - India - Israel - Japan-Jp - Mexico, Central America, Caribbean - New Zealand - Singapore - South Africa - Rest of the world (English) - Rest of the world (Español) - 中国 - 香港 - 日本 - 한국 - 新加坡International Trains:
- Paris - Irun - Saint-Sebastien - Madrid (Spain)
- Paris - Barcelona - Madrid (Spain)
- Paris - Hendaye - Irun - Porto - Lisbon (liaison Sud-Express to Portugal)
All other international itineraries, click on your country link aboveNational Trains - TGV, Intercite:
Pays de la Loire:
- Paris > Le Mans > Rennes > St Brieuc > Guingamp > Brest
- Paris > Le Mans > Vannes > Lorient > Quimper
- Paris > Le Mans > Rennes
- Paris > Nantes > St-Nazaire > Le Croisic
- Paris > Le Mans > Angers > Nantes
- Paris - Laval > La Roche-sur-Yon > Les Sables-d'Olonne > Pornichet > La Baule-Escoublac > Le Pouliguen > Le Croisic
Centre-Val de Loire:
- Paris > Dreux > Argentan > Granville
- Paris > Tours > Poitiers > Angouleme > Bordeaux
- Paris > Poitiers > Niort > La Rochelle
- Paris > Vendome-TGV > Blois > Saint-Pierre-des-Corps - Tours
- Paris > Rennes > Dol-de-Bretagne - St Malo
- Paris > Lamballe > St Brieuc > Guingamp > Plouaret > Lannion > Morlaix > Brest
- Paris > Redon > Vannes > Auray > Lorient > Quimperle > Rosporden > Quimper
- Paris > Bordeaux > Dax > Orthez > Pau > Lourdes > Tarbes
- Paris > Bordeaux > Dax > Bayonne > Biarritz > Hendaye > Saint-Jean-de-Luz > Irun
- Paris > Bordeaux > Agen > Toulouse
- Paris > Angouleme > Libourne > Bordeaux > Arcachon
- Paris > Chatellerault > Futuroscope > Poitiers > Niort > La Rochelle
All other itineraries in France, click on your country link belowLock in your Train Ticket NOW for the best price:
Click on this banner 90 days before you travel for the most savings and peace of mind.Regional Trains - Intercite, TER:
TER Centre-Val de Loire
- Paris > Versailles > Rambouillet > Nogent-le-Rotrou > Chartres > Le Mans
Suburban Trains - Paris Transilien, RER:
- Paris Montparnasse II Vaugirard > Dreux > L'Aigle > Surdon > Argentan > Flers > Folligny > Granville
- Paris-Vaugirard > Dreux > Verneuil-sur-Avre > L'Aigle (> Granville)
Transilien branches of Line N:
Metro Paris and other Metropolitan Train Transit Systems:
- Paris > Versailles > St-Quentin-en-Yvelines > Rambouillet
- Paris > Versailles > Plaisir > Dreux
- Paris > Versailles > Plaisir > Mantes-la-Jolie
- Paris > Versailles > Plaisir
- Line 4: Porte de Clignancourt <=> Porte d'Orleans
- Line 6: Charles de Gaulle - Etoile <=> Nation
- Line 12: Front Populaire <=> Mairie d'Issy
- Line 13: (Asnieres-Gennevilliers) Les Courtilles / Saint-Denis - Universite <=> Chatillon - Montrouge
BonjourLaFrance recommends getting a Paris Visite Pass to travel around Paris and suburbs with the inclusion of transport to/from the airports.
1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days for zones 1-3 (inside Paris). The 1-5 zone Paris Visite Pass includes travel to Versailles, Disneyland as well as Roissy CDG and Orly airports).
In addition, you receive discounts at various museums and locations around Paris.Local Bus, Trams and Inter-city Coach Transport:
RATP Paris Bus Network: 28, 58, 88, 91, 92, 94, 95 and 96
Noctilien night bus lines: N01, N02, N12, N13, N61, N62, N63 and N145
Discover the overview of Paris with BigBus
The perfect introduction to bring Paris to Life with Live Guides. Visit the world's most romantic city. Hop off the bus whenever you wish to absorb the culture and live Paris your way.Shuttles: Downtown, Airport, Nearby Sights, Resorts:
Taxis are available in front of all these arrival and departure train stations.
See the Paris Airport Shuttle image below for visual details of the departure and arrival points for:
- The RER B train from both CDG and Orly airports <=> Paris and from CDG <=> Orly
- Le Bus Direct is the Airport Bus transport to/from various point in Paris to Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports
Personalized shuttle service
Did you know your own door to door shuttle costs little more than public transport? … (and MUCH LESS than a taxi!) but is much more user-friendly… it picks you up and drops you off where YOU want…no long waiting-lines and hassle with luggage – door-to-door transport. Excellent with kids, strollers or bulky equipment. Options for group transfers as well. reserve in advance.
Go directly from your hotel or terminal to your destination at a reasonable, fixed price that includes the cost of luggage. Our companies use experienced, English-speaking drivers to make sure you and your luggage arrive safely. Click here to buy this service.
We recommend getting a Paris Visite card to travel around Paris which includes transport to/from the airports.Car: Taxis, Rentals, Parking, Passenger drop-off:
Pay parking for more than 500 cars
Book the Best Car Rental Deals from a wide selection of cars and the most widespread company in France directly at the Gare Montparnasse train station in PARIS
Park before arriving. Long and short term secure parking. Book your car park online easily and save up to 70%.Bicycles, Motorcycles: Rentals, parking:
Bicycle parking available
Motorbike and scooter rentals in Paris (Paris, Paris - Gare de Lyon, Paris - Gare du Nord, Paris - Orly airport, Paris - Roissy CDG Airport). Best price guaranteed. Top brands BMW, Harley Davidson, Honda, etc ..., motorcycles for rent, latest models perfectly serviced in Paris and outskirts. Rent motorbikes, scooters, and accessories online as well as travel, and cancellation insurance.Services available:
Shop and Eat in the Train Station:
- Automatic photo booth
- Telephone booth
- Automatic distributor for snacks and drinks
- Automatic distributor for hot drinks
- Automatic photo machine
- Car rental agency
- Clothing store
- Pier Import - Design furniture and accessories
- Relay - Newspapers, magazines, takeaway food, snacks, and drinks
- Virgin - Music and entertainment products
- Magnetic loop for the hearing impaired
- Parking spaces reserved for Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRMs)
Accessibility: Reduced Mobility: Call 'Acces Plus' 48 hours in advance of travel to inquire and reserve: +33 (0)8 90 64 06 50 available from 6:00 am - midnight. For assistance boarding your train, arrive at the platform at least 30 minutes before departure time. Wheelchairs and boarding ramps are available if required.Luggage Storage :
Office: HALL 3, level (niveau) -1. Oppostie platform 3 beside the exit "cour des taxis"
Open hours: Mondays > Sundays: 6:15 - 23:15
There are 3 locker sizes:
Small: Height 433 mm, Width 347 mm, Depth 824 mm
Medium: H 591 mm, W 347 mm, D 824 mm
Large: H 908 mm, W 519 mm, D 824 mm
Tariff: 5.50€, 7.50€ and 9.50€ respectively for the first 24 hours and 5€ for each additional 24h
Baggage storage service - Eelway A luggage free day in Paris - Luggage transfer in Paris area & storage at airports and train stations.Lost & Found:
Office: Hall 2, level (niveau) +3, near the access to platform 2.
Mondays > Saturdays: 08:00 à 20:00
Declare your lost property. Give a precise description. An email will confirm your claim:
- Internet: Create or use your account and declare your claim This page is in French but is accessible from anywhere ... especially when you're visiting France and Europe.
- Telephone: +33 (0) 8 92 35 35 35 (open 7/7 from 8h00 to 20h00 to answer questions and register your claim) or in France 36 35 (0,40 € / minute) then #22
- At a train station: see the map at the bottom of this page for station details
A national database registers all lost and found objects in real time. Search for your object will continue for one month. There's a charge of 5/10 Euros, depending on object's value, for restitution of an item.